Zernicke was founded to create a better place to drive. We strive to be a industry leader in pay. That said, we also feel inexperienced drivers shouldn’t start the same as experienced drivers. Pay is based on experience, MVR, previous employment and inspection history. We do not have a generic pay scale, as every situation is unique. We also believe you should be paid for miles which closest reflect the odometer, practical. While many other companies still pay shortest miles, be relieved your mileage reflects 4% greater miles than competitor’s.
We run mainly South, Southeast and Midwest. We make very few trips to the East Coast and pay a .03 cpm premium if you do! Our drivers average 2500 miles per week or more depending when they want to leave and earn $60,000+ per year while still making it home weekly!
Bonus pay - on top of base pay we offer additional pay for performance in the following categories:
- Safety: $250.00 per quarter
- Fuel: .01 cents for every .02 tenths over 7.0 mpg. (ex- driver getting 7.2 mpg gets an extra .01 cpm all miles, paid quarterly)
- East Coast .03 cpm premium!
Additional driver pay:
- Detention paid hourly at $15.00/hour after two hours
- Additional Short-haul pay
- Truck/trailer breakdown & layover pay
- Per Diem allowances
- All miles paid loaded and empty
- Holiday pay
- Paid weekly by check or direct deposit